Thursday, 30 August 2012

Chicken Salad Sandwich


Sorry I have not posted in a while. I was on vacation in Las Vegas, and now I am packing for a big move.

Anyways, since I have been busy lately, easy recipes have been mandatory. Sandwiches have been a staple in my diet for the past month. This version of chicken salad sandwich is tangy, spicy, and exciting. I never get bored of it!

You can change up the kind of vegetables you use, as well as spice level, based on your own taste. 

* Tip- If you are in a rush, buying a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken at the grocery store is a huge time-saver. 

Chicken Salad Sandwich

(Makes 2 Servings)

Ingredients:
  • 4 pieces low-calorie bread (mine was 45 calories/slice)
  • 6 ounces rotisserie chicken breast, diced and skin removed
  • 1/4 cup celery, diced
  • 1/4 cup bell pepper, diced
  • 1/8-1/4 cup red onion, diced (to taste)
  • 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise 
  • 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
  • tabasco sauce, to taste
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • pinch of paprika
Method:
  • Mix all ingredients (except bread) in a bowl. Divide mixture in two, then spread onto each sandwich (makes 2 sandwiches). 
  • Serve!! 

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
(For 1 sandwich- half the recipe)
  • 190 Calories
  • 25g Carbohydrates
    • 6g Sugar
    • 4g Fiber
  • 3g Fat
  • 15g Protein

2 comments:

  1. This looks SO delicious! I am so glad you posted a recipe! This is my favorite food blog, so I was going through skinny-delight withdrawals ;)

    Sydney
    southernstylin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I think I was going through skinny-delight withdrawals as well... things have just been so busy!

    Thanks again for commenting :) It means a lot to be somebody's favorite food blog!

    Delaine

    ReplyDelete