This low-fat recipe keeps the muffins moist by adding chunks of fresh apricots to the batter, and on top. You will not miss the fat!
Flour-less Apricot Muffins
Makes 12 Muffins
- 1 1/4 cups apricots, diced
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup baking stevia, or 1 cup sweetener of choice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- In a blender or food processor, mix together all ingredients except apricots. Blend until smooth. Mix in 1 cup of the apricots and set remaining 1/4 cup aside.
- Spoon batter into 12 equal muffins. Top each with remaining apricots. Bake for 18-22 min (mine were perfect at about 19 min), or until toothpick comes out clean.
(For 1 muffin, 1/12th of the recipe)
- 65 Calories
- 8g Carbohydrates
- 3g Sugar
- 1g Fiber
- 1g Fat
- 4g Protein