This thin crust pizza is bursting with flavor! Gooey cheese, lean turkey breast meat, and your favorite vegetables create a great meal for adults and kids... I mean, what kid doesn't like pizza?
I chose to keep my pizza simple with turkey, cheese, and some sliced peppers. The beauty of this recipe is that you can top yours with whatever you like. Some other favorites of mine include: apples, Gorgonzola cheese, and arugula; feta, olives, onions, and green peppers; chicken and low-cal BBQ sauce; and the traditional margherita toppings (i.e., tomatoes, thinly sliced mozzarella, and fresh basil).
This crust is amazing too, so flavorful and moist. In my opinion, the crust is what makes, or breaks, a pizza.
Thin Crust Turkey Pizza
(Makes 12 slices)
- 2 cups bread flour (240g)
- 1 packet fast-rising active dry yeast (2 teaspoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup very warm water (not hot, about 110 degrees F)
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Mix flour, yeast, salt, basil, oregano, and minced garlic together in a large bowl. Add water and knead several times until you form a smooth oval. Pour 1/4 tablespoon olive oil in a large bowl; rub it evenly around the bowl. Place dough into the oiled bowl, pour the remaining 1/4 teaspoon olive oil onto the dough and lightly rub around. Cover the bowl with a towel and let rest 10 min (or until doubled in size).
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F and coat a 14-inch round pizza pan with nonstick spray. Press the dough into the pan with lightly oiled fingers. Top with desired toppings (I listed mine below) and bake 15-20 min.
(for 1/12th of the crust recipe, not including any toppings)
- 73 Calories
- 14g Carbohydrates
- 0g Sugar
- 1g Fiber
- 1g Fat
- 3g Protein
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce (basically marinara)
- 1 turkey breast fillet (125g), grilled and diced
- 1/4 of each a red, yellow, and green bell pepper
- 2 fresh basil leaves, torn apart
- 3/4 cup part-skim shredded pizza mozzarella
- Evenly spread pizza sauce over dough, leaving a small border around the edges (the crust). Thinly slice bell peppers; spread them, and the turkey, evenly over sauce. Sprinkle cheese on top, and top with torn basil. Bake in 425F oven for 15-20 min.
(for 1 slice (1/12th) of pizza, including crust AND toppings)
- 111 Calories
- 16g Carbohydrates
- 1g Sugar
- 1g Fiber
- 2g Fat
- 8g Protein