I love Greek yogurt, and I am always trying to find new ways to incorporate it into recipes. It is a great source of protein and calcium, plus it tastes good! This recipe for panna cotta uses fat free greek yogurt to create a creamy, smooth texture instead of using full fat cream.
Panna cotta is a perfect summer dessert because you do not have to turn on the oven. Also, the soft, velvety texture pairs beautifully with fresh fruit. Blackberries are one of my favorite summer fruits, so I decided to make a fresh blackberry glaze to top off my panna cotta. However, you could use any fruit you want, or even chocolate sauce, if you prefer.
Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta with
Fresh Blackberry Glaze
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup sweetener of choice
- 1 vanilla bean (or you can double the vanilla extract)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tub fat free, plain Greek yogurt (500g or 2 cups)
- tiny pinch salt
- 1/2 cup diet blueberry juice
- 1/4 cup sweetener of choice
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Place water in a small, shallow bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over the water, then set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, bring almond milk, vanilla bean, including seeds (sliced down the middle, seeds scraped), and sweetener to a simmer over med-low heat. Remove from heat, whisk in gelatin mixture.
- Whisk in vanilla extract and salt.
- Gradually whisk in Greek yogurt until completely smooth and no lumps remain.
- Pour into 6 small (1/2 cup) custard cups or ramekins. Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, bring juice and sweetener to a simmer, over medium heat, in a small saucepan. Lower heat, and add blackberries and lemon juice. Cook until berries are soft and have lightened in color. Cool to room temperature.
- When ready to serve, run a knife around the edges of the ramekins; invert the panna cotta onto dessert plates, top with blackberry sauce.
(1 ramekin of panna cotta, 1/6th of blackberry sauce)
- 78 Calories
- 6g Carbohydrates
- 4g Sugar
- 2g Fiber
- 1g Fat
- 9g Protein
POINTS PLUS VALUE