People don't normally associate avocados with pudding, but you will after trying this recipe.
I secretly made this pudding while Mark, my boyfriend, was busy. I wanted to see if he could guess what ingredients were in this recipe. He got chocolate and banana, but he came nowhere close to guessing avocado. When I told him, he took another bite and still could not taste the avocado.
This pudding is so healthy, you could even eat it for breakfast! It is decadently rich and creamy with a lovely chocolatey banana flavor. If you do not like the flavor of banana very much, make sure your banana is not very ripe (or just omit completely). For an added crunch, try adding raw cocoa nibs in place of the cocoa powder.
Raw Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- 1 very ripe small avocado (about 90g)
- 1/2 a medium banana (if you do not like banana flavor, use an unripe banana)
- 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons sweetener, or to taste (I used 4.5g stevia)
- 2.5 tablespoons raw cocoa powder (may substitute regular cocoa powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend very well until completely smooth. Refrigerate before eating (this makes the avocado flavor less evident).
(For 1/2 of the recipe)
- 125 Calories
- 14g Carbohydrates
- 4g Sugar
- 6g Fiber
- 7g Fat
- 3g Protein