Thursday, 10 May 2012

Easy Cheesy Fettucine Alfredo and Meatballs


When I first started my healthy eating lifestyle I thought I would have to kiss my beloved Fettucine Alfredo, lasagna, Manicotti, spaghetti, and penne goodbye. I am so glad to tell you that was not the case! I have found sneaky ways of getting the pasta dishes I love without all the calories :)


Since I have a weakness for creamy Fettucine Alfredo, I decided to share my "skinny" take on the dish.


Topping these with my Tasty Turkey Meatballs really finishes this dish off nicely! I will include the nutritional information on the Fettucine Alfredo by itself, as well as with 3 meatballs, below the recipe.


Easy Cheesy Fettucine Alfredo and Meatballs

(1 serving)

Ingredients:
  • 1 package of shiritaki noodles (fettucine shape)
  • 1/2 cup steamed, chopped broccoli
  • 3 Tasty Turkey Meatballs (recipe can be found here)
  • 15g parmesan, about 2.5 tablespoons(It is actually quite a bit. What is pictured is less than 15g because I actually stirred some of it into my fettucine!)
      Alfredo Sauce
  • 1/4 of a 12 ounce package firm lite silken tofu (like the Mori Nu brand)
  • 1/2 clove of garlic, minced
  • 1/2 tablespoon zero calorie "Parmesan and Herbs" seasoning blend
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1.5 teaspoons dried parsley
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk (or non-fat milk)
Method:

Alfredo sauce
  • Combine all ingredients in a blender (I used a Magic Bullet) and blend until smooth and creamy
  • Warm on low heat in a saucepan, or microwave on medium power in 20 second intervals. Tofu separates from liquid if you heat it too much, so keep a close eye on it. If it separates a bit, just stir to recombine.
Putting it all together
  • Rinse the shiritaki noodles very well, drain, and microwave for 1 minute on high power. Drain again and dry very well with paper towel. 
  • Place noodles and steamed broccoli in a bowl. Pour Alfredo sauce over noodles and toss together. Place three Tasty Turkey Meatballs on top, then sprinkle with parmesan and fresh ground pepper.
  • Dig in! 


NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION

Entire recipe WITH 3 turkey meatballs:
  • 257 Calories
  • 12g Carbohydrates
    • 1g Sugar
    • 5g Fiber
  • 10g Fat
  • 29g Protein


Recipe WITHOUT the meatballs:
  • 142 Calories
  • 11g Carbohydrates
    • 1g Sugar
    • 5g Fiber
  • 5g Fat
  • 13g Protein


      

2 comments:

  1. Where can I find these "noodles"??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dayna,

    I found them in the tofu section of the grocery store. They can also be found at Asian food markets!

    ReplyDelete