I first saw this recipe on Chocolate Covered Katie's blog. It looked too good to be true! Cookie dough as healthy as hummus? No way! I gave it a try, and wow was I ever impressed :) Thanks Katie.
Like Katie said, who wouldn't want to eat a whole BIG BOWL of cookie dough? Nobody! This bowl just happens to be healthy, protein rich, and delicious. Nobody who tried this recipe had any idea it was a "health food". It is boyfriend and friend approved!
I have tried it several different ways, and this is my favorite version flavor wise (and calorie wise)... it also happens to be gluten free. Try serving it with animal crackers or graham crackers (or out of the bowl with a spoon like I do... just make sure you have a glass of milk nearby because this stuff is decadent).
Cookie Dough Dip
Slightly adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie's recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas or white beans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- scant 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons whipped peanut butter
- 2/3 cup sweetener of choice
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Add first 6 ingredients to a food processor. Process until very smooth and velvety. Mix in chocolate chips and serve with graham crackers, animal crackers, or straight from the bowl!
- 126 Calories
- 17g Carbohydrates
- 6g Sugar
- 3g Fiber
- 5g Fat
- 4g Protein