Chia seeds are an amazing health food. They have a neutral taste, so you can make them taste however you prefer. They increase in size when you add liquid to them, so they keep you full for a long time! Also, chia contains Omega 3 oil which is great for heart health and may help with weight loss.
My variation of chia pudding is vanilla flavored. The texture reminds me of tapioca pudding. If you hate tapioca, maybe this recipe isn't for you. You could also make the pudding with chocolate almond milk, peanut butter, cocoa powder, protein powder... the possibilities are endless.
Chia Seed Pudding
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sweetener to taste (I used liquid stevia)
- cinnamon powder for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Mix all ingredients (except cinnamon) together in a bowl. Let rest for 40 minutes, or until thickened. Sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy.
(for 1/2 the recipe)
- 90 Calories
- 8g Carbohydrates
- 0g Sugar
- 8g Fiber
- 7g Fat
- 4g Protein